O'day 222, 1986, White Bear Lake, St. Paul, Minnesota
1986 O'day 222, Seven-eighths fractional rig, one-piece hand laminated fiberglass hull with integrally molded keel/centerboard trunk, transom-mounted rudder with ash tiller, shoal keel, launch in 20 inches of water,
draft 1'8" (board up), 4'8" (board down), hinged mast step, Barlow winches, articulating outboard bracket, 5-gallon water tank, Fynspray manual pump at sink, circuit breaker panel in cabin, kick up rudder, transom swim boarding ladder, upholstery in like new condition.
Fresh water only.
First owner on Lake Minnetonka (1986- 2007) in slip, Second Owner (current owner) on White Bear Lake on lift (2007-2009.
Boat not in water after 2009. Current owner added trailer and stored boat on lift during boating season.
3. 8 HP Yamaha outboard motor, Model 8LH serial number : 6G1 L 318XXX
4. Portable 6 gallon fuel tank in vented Cockpit fuel tank locker
5. 12 V Battery and plastic battery box and mounting strap
6. Dwyer mast and boom (extruded aluminum with integral luff and foot grooves), spreaders, standing rigging (1x19 stainless steel cable with swaged terminals and turnbuckles) and running rigging (braided Dacron main and jib sheets)
7. Stanchions and lifelines with pelican hooks
8. Rudder, rudder head, 42 inch ash tiller
9. Winch handle, 11 inches
10. Portable, multi position , teak table for cockpit or cabin use (base mounted in cabin and cockpit)
11. First aid , boson's kit
12. Portable fire extinguisher
13. Anchor and Rode- Danforth
14. Whisker pole
15. Portable portapotti
16. Two (2) docking Fenders
17. Two life jackets
18. Type IV cushions
19. Can of teak oil
a. Jib (Neil Pryde), jib halyard (low stretch braided Dacron) and sheets
i. Jib storage bag
ii. Schaefer Furler and furler line
b. Main- (Neil Pryde) , O'day 222 insignia , reef point, halyard(low stretch braided Dacron), Harken fiddle/3:1 blocks mainsheet
i. Main storage bag
ii. Main - cover (for boom)
a. Owner's manual
b. 2007 Survey
c. 4-page Sales brochure
22. Recent upgrades / maintenance
a. Newer used motor ( 8 HP Yamaha) replaced outboard listed on survey
b. All Deck hardware rebedded
c. Hull to deck joint rebedded
d. Through hull discharge rebedded
e. Replaced cockpit drain hose
f. Replaced/repaired bare abraded electrical wires at base of mast
g. Rebedded windows (Note- original manufacturer factory installed caulk and foam strip backwards causing water intrusion. Maintenance corrected factory error)
h. Trailer serviced 2009 (bearings examined and greased)
23. Suggested maintenance:
a. While tied to dock, the rub rail bumped wooden dock during fall 2009 storm- Rub rail should be checked for leaking and rebedded as needed.
Improvements to the hull, deck, rigging, engine, or interior: Current owner added trailer and stored boat on lift during boating season.
General condition : Boat survey identified small pencil-eraser sized pox on port side- cosmetic in nature. Since I stored boat on lift, I have not fixed these and size and number has not changed.
Boat has been out of water since 2009 due to owner's hectic schedule (so sad). Just no time to use this boat- this is the reason for the sale of boat.